We are seeking a LVN Coder/QA for our Cerritos office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of home health regulations and OASIS documentation requirements and Medicare PDGM Reimbursement System.
- Remain expert on all OASIS and coding changes and their effect on Case Mix Weight and patient outcomes.
- Review and correction of all SOC, ROC, Recertification and Discharge OASIS for accuracy and timeliness; Review and correct diagnosis codes, and all other factors related to OASIS.
- Review and correction of items for the Plan of Care (485) including, but not limited to, projected visits, orders, medications and verbal order signature date.
- Responsible for ensuring OASIS documents are completed timely for month-end closing process.
- Provide new staff orientation related to OASIS, coding and documentation.
- Provide education to clinicians related to OASIS and diagnosis coding updates.
- Identify trends in non-compliant or inaccurate documentation and inform appropriate Manager for follow-up
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
LVN Nurse and Quality Assurance would be preferred. Must be must be well organized and detail oriented. Excellent understanding of Home Health regulations, self-directed and independent in fulfilling role obligations. Ability to analyze and interpret data. Must possess excellent written, and interpersonal communication skills. Should have moderate knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite of products: Word, Excel, and Power Point. Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values
- LVN Preferred. Quality Assurance experienced preferred. Coding Certification Required