The Eastside Health Network is seeking a Risk Coder to join the team! The person in this role will accurately review, interpret, audit, code and analyze medical record documentation for diagnosis accuracy, correct documentation, and Hierarchical Coding Condition (HCC) abstraction. This may include outpatient treatment, professional and/or limited inpatient medical services, according to ICD-10 CM coding guidelines and risk adjustment model regulations. This position will coordinate and collaborate with operational and clinic leadership to assist in identification of clinical best practices and implementation of process improvements related to coding in order to appropriately document and capture the risk burden of patients.
- Review/audit medical records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with applicable CMS Risk Adjustment coding guidelines and regulations.
- Identify, compile and code patient data, using ICD 10-CM and other standard classification coding systems and report findings to Government Programs Manager.
- Develop/support formal educational activities for providers/practices as necessary as a subject matter expert on coding review/guidelines. Education to be provided in both a one-on-one or group setting to staff and providers on coding and documentation.
- Assist Government Programs Manager in developing documentation and coding improvement tools for designated providers/practices as applicable.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, standards and directives with coordination from the OHMC/EHMG Compliance Department and OMC/EH Operations.
- Accountable for assigning ICD 10-CM/CPT/HCPCS codes and modifiers which generate reimbursement.
- Adhere to EHN, OHMC and EH security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High school graduate or equivalent GED required.
- CPC, CCS or CCS-P Certification required.
- 2 years HCC (Hierarchical Condition Category) coding experience for professional services for multiple specialties required.
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) through AAPC desired.
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage plan mechanics and functional process including open enrollment, HEDIS, AWVs, HCCs, RAF scoring.
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Must have strong knowledge of MSWord, Excel, and Power Point in a Windows environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines with minimal direction and error rate.
- Requires excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer