This job description explains the detail and general nature of the position; and overview of why the job exists and what the job is to accomplish.
Compliance Auditor, Full-Time
Director and Assistant Director
Office for Child and Youth Protection
Non-Exempt, Based on Job Duties
The Compliance Auditor is responsible for the monitoring of the compliance of Archdiocesan parishes, schools, and entities with policies as they relate to working with children.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducts on-site audits to ensure compliance with policies by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation; recommending opportunities to strengthen the internal control structure.
- Also conducts audits of data entered into the database.
- Prepares for audit by researching materials; formulating a plan of action.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by preparing reports; providing information in meetings.
- Represents the organization to the public in person, via phone or e-mail in a professional manner.
- Performs administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
- Ability to plan and own a schedule, set priorities, and work independently is necessary.
- Assists with general functioning of office as needed.
- Make recommendations regarding policies, procedures, and practice to enhance audit process.
- Demonstrates flexibility to assist with other tasks as assigned.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve the office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Strong verbal and communication presence is critical
- Travel within five counties of the Archdiocese is required, must have valid driver's license and access to a car.
- Position is contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Successful completion of mandatory Safe Environment trainings.
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Working knowledge of and comfort with Catholic faith and parish life is required.
- Background in database management and compliance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
This position is expected to be carried out Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. May require working on occasional evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tool or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 30lbs.
None at this time.