Assistant Director – Professional Billing Operations, Central Billing Office *Onsite Las Vegas, NV*
Monday – Friday, 6:30 AM – 3:00 PM
*Salary Range: $110,000 - $135,000
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Assistant Director – Professional Billing Operations.
Reporting to the CBO Site Director, the Assistant Director, Professional Billing Operations will be responsible for managing and coordinating the overall functions of the revenue cycle management team to monitor cash flow while improving patient, physician and other customer relations. The Assistant Director will be an integral part of the management team and will have responsibility for directing and monitoring the NYU Grossman School of Medicine Faculty Group Practice (NYU FGP) professional billing functional areas which may include customer service, accounts receivable, financial clearance, and/or operations as a part of the revenue cycle team.
- Manages all facets of professional billing revenue cycle processes
- Serves as an operational liaison with billing, customer service, financial clearance, and operations. Monitors metrics and performance improvements for those areas
- Partnering with the Site Director, carries out supervisory responsibilities including managing staff performance, productivity, work allocation, salary planning, training, development, hiring and placement;
- Serves as liaison with physicians/practices on day-to-day issues;
- Contributes to the creation of an organization wide revenue cycle action-planning document. Monitors progress of team to moving action items to completion;
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly meetings with leadership to discuss key performance indicators, actionable improvements to meet PKIs and department specific growth and development influencing revenue cycle operations.
- Works with the credentialing and managed care teams to resolve A/R issues
- Builds relationships with and maintains contact with FGP Operations and FGP Practices to obtain and analyze additional information to document and improve billing
- Directs and reviews analyses, reports, key performance indicators, and operational metrics;
- Assists with the ongoing management of EPIC as it relates to professional billing;
- Assists with the development of strategic plans and goals for continued improvement and service leverage acting as key leader to implement plans;
- Ensures that the activities of the professional billing teams are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, FGP Policies and
- Procedures, and are in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements;
- Participates in corrective actions in response to variances and trends;
- Meets or exceed internal standards for accuracy and timeliness in documentation preparation and submission;
- Provides, oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques;
- Other duties as assigned;
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, healthcare administration or related field required
- Masters in Business Administration or Health Care Administration preferred
- Requires 6-8 years in a hospital or healthcare setting with prior experience of healthcare finance, medical reimbursement and managed care contracts
- Two to Three years managerial experience in a Professional Billing Office
- Thorough knowledge of billing requirements/regulations of the major third-party carriers
Join the team that delivers the best outcomes.
NYU Grossman School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
NYU Langone Health provides a salary range to comply with the New York City Law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. The salary range for the role is $110,000 - $135,000 Annually. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialty, education, and hospital need. The salary range or contractual rate listed does not include bonuses/incentive, differential pay or other forms of compensation or benefits.