Coding Specialists are an important part of the Team at CorroHealth. The Coding Team Member will provide coding for general surgery which could include a variety of specialties. Observation experience is a plus.
- Team Member must be able to work from home and be independent in their coding skills.
- Provide various components of coding services to support our clients.
- Calculate Facility E/M levels by using an algorithm created by our company
- Recognize critical care cases by patient acuity.
- Code surgical procedures typical of an Outpatient setting to capture additional revenue when appropriate.
- Apply ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to the highest level of specificity available.
- Accurately apply diagnosis and procedure codes utilizing ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT®, and HCPCS
- Interpret coding guidelines for accurate code assignment
- Identify the importance of documentation on code assignment and the subsequent reimbursement impact.
- Align conduct with AHIMA's Standards of Ethical Coding and the Company’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and support the Company’s Ethics and Compliance Program.
- Comply with all internal policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in Company provided training and education.
- All Coders must maintain at least one credential through either AAPC or AHIMA.
- Ensure individual compliance with all privacy and security rules and regulations and commit to the protection of all Company confidential information, including but not limited to, Personal Health Information
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- All coders MUST be certified through either the AAPC (CPC or COC) or AHIMA (CCS or CCS-P).
- Must have at least a minimum of 3 years of on the job experience.
- Regular, predictable, and punctual attendance is required.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with systems such as EMR, Billing, etc
- Must have a phone, reliable internet connection and current coding materials such as CPT and ICD-10-CM coding references.
- Will be required to maintain an ongoing productivity level and accuracy rate of 95% or higher
- Will be required to maintain a quality score of 95% or higher
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs like Excel and Outlook. Examples include:
- Excel you should be able to open and add to a spreadsheet, perform basic formulas like adding or multiplying.
- Outlooks you should be able to manage emails and schedule and attend meetings.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and written.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by Leadership Team Member.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: The essential duties and responsibilities below are intended to describe the general duties and responsibilities of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. This position may perform all or most of the primary duties listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the Team Member’s performance objectives as outlined by the Team Member’s immediate Leadership Team Member.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described. Regular eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity is required to operate office equipment. The ability to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day and function in an environment with constant interruptions is required. At times, Team Members are subject to sitting for prolonged periods. Infrequently, Team Member must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs. Team Member may experience elevated levels of stress during periods of increased activity and with work entailing multiple deadlines.
A job description is only intended as a guideline and is only part of the Team Member’s function. The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that the essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.