- Job Family: Medical and Clinical
- Type: Full time
- Date Posted:Apr 06, 2023
- Req #: JR63326
Location: This position will require candidate to work onsite from our Pasteur clinic location of 5900 NW 183rd St, Miami Gardens.
The Coding Auditor
is responsible for auditing diagnosis data collected from physician and hospital medical records to ensure proper ICD9 coding and compliance with risk adjustment requirements.Primary Duties May Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Collects and analyzes data to formulate recommendations and solutions based on audit trends and results.
- Provides regular feedback to Operations leadership on performance improvement opportunities as a result of performance gaps.
- Participates in and represents the department in business leadership groups.
- Assesses and identifies training opportunities.
- Assists the business with research and documentation of workflows, policies and procedures and other materials.
- Maintains current knowledge of requirements and guidance required in the performance of audit duties.
- Reviews medical records that have been reviewed and coded by the coding vendor.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 1 year of experience as a coder of medical records in a physician office, hospital, or insurance/coding office setting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Medical Coder certification from accredited source (e.g. American Health Information Management Association, American Academy of Professional Coders or Practice Management Institute) required.
- BS in health sciences, health management or related field preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
EEO is the Law
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Please use the links below to review statements of protection from discrimination under Federal law for job applicants and employees.
- EEO Policy Statement
- Know Your Rights
- Pay Transparency
- Privacy Notice for California Residents
Elevance Health, Inc. is anE-verify Employer (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf)
Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1-877-204-7664