- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist*
- Norfolk, VA
- Experience Level:
- Expert level
- Employment Type:
- Pay: *$25-28 per hour
- Monday-Friday 8-4:30pm * *
- A Day in the Role:* Reviewing the charges to make sure the notes have been signed, the modifiers are in the right order, is the billing area correct, if referring physician is listed The encounter forms randomly come in throughout the day and this person is responsible for making sure all encounter form is charged / coded correctly from the day before and sending them out to the medical group to be billed (need to get all charges out next day) The providers are submitting the encounter forms to this person and then this person is submitting to the billing department - the scrubbing system is reviewing them on the way and they are being sent back if there are errors they catch They are also getting sent back to this person if they make it to billing and billed to insurance but then insurance has declined for various reasons. Medical group will send vague response "denied for modifier, please advise" and this person needs to figure it out
A LOT OF RESEARCH with denials, explain why is it being denied and figure out how to get it approved This person will field billing phone calls - explain to patients why they are receiving this bill This person will also handle inpatient hospital charges for Sentara (7-10 per week)
Random audits on charts for providers - provide feedback on how they can improve or if they are doing well
Most commonly used modifiers - 25, 59, GC, no charge modifier - NC (right or left modifiers)
- 1+ Medical Billing & Coding Experience
AND Billing Certification (CPC/CBCS)
- Necessary Skills:* Modifiers | Denials | Insurance Claims Apply Today!
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless. Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit [AstonCarter.com.](AstonCarter.com) Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email@example.com](mailto:%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.