Position: Inpatient Coder
Hospital Inpatient Coder
The coders should have 3 years current inpatient coding experience for acute care hospitals, preferably an academic medical center or Level 1 Trauma center.
Analyzes EMR and reviews clinical data by assigning ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes from patient records in accordance with coding classification systems. Reviews patient encounters for accurate code assignment of all relevant diagnoses and procedures. Enters appropriate codes into the hospital's encoder system for the transfer of data to billing files for reimbursement. Queries physicians when documentation is not straightforward, inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
1. Analyzes EMR and reviews clinical data by assigning ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes from patient records in accordance with coding classification systems.
2. Reviews patient encounters for accurate code assignment(s) of all relevant diagnoses, procedures, and POA.
3. Applies guidelines and coding clinics as necessary
4. Coder meets and maintains a production rate of ***% or higher.
5. Coder meets and maintains an accuracy rate of ***% on all coded records.
6. Queries physicians when documentation is not straightforward, inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
7. Prior Remote Coding experience a must
Must have a Coding Certification from AHIMA or AAPC
3+ years CURRENT Inpatient Coder work experience in an acute care hospital
EPIC/3M experience a plus
This is facility coding (no risk adjustment or profee coders here.)
Audited regularly with expected 95% or better
Candidates will be required to complete a coding assessment
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For immediate response please forward resumes to email@example.com | Stefany's LinkedIn
Stefany Dos Santos
IT Recruitment Manager
(Direct) 407-205-112 7
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com
Report this job
- Dice Id: 10519040
- Position Id: ATGTJP00073062.1