May 17, 2023
Hybrid (Odenton, MD, USA)
$20.00 - $28.00 hourly
(CPC) Certified Professional Coder
Essential Skills of The Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Obtains operative reports for all posted surgeries and scans them into patient record.
- Uses correct coding guidelines to appropriately code surgical cases and posts surgical charges.
- Specializes in Workman’s Compensation claims, including obtaining authorizations as needed.
- Assists with review, assessment and retraining on provider audits.
- Prepares quarterly Assistant Surgeon Report.
- Trains and instructs providers and staff on appropriate coding and compliant documentation.
- Collects and enters patient’s insurance information into data base when appropriate.
- Responds to telephone calls from patients regarding account information, balances and insurance questions.
- Trains personnel new to the practice as necessary.
- Provides cross coverage for other billing personnel as required to ensure workflow is consistent.
- Additional duties as assigned and necessary for the function of both the billing department and the practice.
Required Experience Level
Minimum Experience Required
No required travel