Our client is currently seeking a Remote Certified Medical Coder (certified Outpatient, Inpatient, APV, Anesthesia & Specialized Medical Coders) to support their Federal Customers.
- Coder must be a current Certified Medical Coder(s), Certified Coding Specialists (CCS), Certified Coding Specialist(s)-Physician based (CCS-P), Certified Professional Coder(s) (CPC), Registered Health Information Administrator(s), (RHIA) and Registered Health Information Technician(s) (RHIT), coder must submit proof of current certification annually.
- Coder must currently have or had past DOD experience to code, recode, abstract, analyze and assemble medical record data to code for Anesthesia, (will train for DHA/DOD requirements).
- Coder must be able to accurately assign ICD-10 CM, E/M, CPT, HCPCS, modifiers and units based on provider and other qualified healthcare professional documentation, based on DHA Anesthesia Guidance.
- Coder must be able to maintain and follow applicable information that the DoD systems and/or software requires for Multi-specialty Outpatient Clinical encounters, Same day surgeries, Inpatient Stays (Rounds). For Anesthesia coding, the applicant will be provided access to the electronic medical records system. · (AHLTA), Coding Compliance Editor (CCE), Composite Health Care System (CHCS), ESSENTRIS, HAIMS, JLV and other necessary, non-electronic, hard copy files will be properly used for all coding needs.
- Coder will review and code for each Anesthesia encounter within 48 business hours of receipt of record/encounter. All deficiencies or identified needed information will be communicated to the designated POC via email and managers will be copied on all email traffic within this required time. Coders are required to follow up daily to meet the compliance for each Anesthesia encounter/record.
- Coder is to have at least 2 years DOD/VA coding experience. Must have at least 3 years coding experience altogether.
- Coder must have or must be able to secure a DOD security clearance without a 24-month break in service from government service. Must not have been unfavorably removed from a government position.
- Coder must work independently with little to no supervision.
If you or someone you know is interested, send your most up-to-date resume to me at email@example.com
The Judge Group