Risk Adjustment Coding Specialists are an important part of the Team at CorroHealth. The HCC Coding Team Member will review medical records to abstract ICD-10 codes, specifically those that map to HCCs, RxHCCs, and ESRD models. Coders will follow Medicare guidelines, ICD-10-CM guidelines as well as client specific requirements. This is a seasonal position.
Benefits for Full Time Team Members:
Encoder software with access to AHA Coding Clinic
- Full Time (40 hours/week)
- Flexible hours after quality and productivity goals are met.
- Remote/Work from home (within the U.S.)
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of recent retrospective HCC coding experience plus 1+ years of additional coding experience.
- A valid AAPC or AHIMA coding credential required.
- Acceptable credentials would be CPC, CRC, COC, RHIT, CCS, or CCS-P. Apprenticeship designations are not accepted.
- Will be required to maintain a quality score of 95% or higher.
- Will be required to maintain an ongoing productivity level based on project requirements.
- Review, analyze, and code patient medical records based on client specific guidelines.
- Follow ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines and interpret coding guidelines for accurate code assignment.
- Follow Risk Adjustment Data Abstraction Rules.
- Ensure individual compliance with all privacy and security rules and regulations and commit to the protection of all Company confidential information, including but not limited to, Personal Health Information.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with systems such as EMRs, Billing systems, abstraction platforms, etc.
- Must have a phone and reliable internet connection.
- Team Member must be able to work from home and be independent in their coding skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs like Excel and Outlook.
- Excel: you should be able to open and add to a spreadsheet, perform basic formulas like adding or multiplying.
- Outlook: you should be able to manage emails and schedule and attend meetings.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and written.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by Leadership Team Member.