Are you and RN that wants to transition to Administration? This may be the role for you. At Care Ring, the Supervisor of the Low-Cost Clinic assumes responsibility for overseeing the daily operations of the clinic, including the management of front desk staff and clinical staff. This leader works directly with patients, providers and Care Ring leadership to ensure quality and timely delivery of medical services to the uninsured in accordance with Care Ring's mission and strategic objectives.
Operations: clinic workflow, operations, supplies, and schedules
- Directly supervises medical assistants and front desk administrative staff.
- Works closely with Medical Director and clinic providers to facilitate efficient clinic flow to accommodate daily needs.
- Manages all patient appointment schedules, ensuring schedules are booked according to clinic volume and revenue goals.
- Collaborates with agency leadership across programs to ensure clinic workflows are aligned agency strategic priorities.
- Plans goals/objectives for office operations and identifies the resources (staff equipment, funds for patient visits, etc.) required to meet goals.
- Coordinates and monitors office operations to ensure company requirements and procedures are met daily.
- Provides qualified staff support and contributes to the needs of the staff. Delegates and assigns patient care tasks to team members according to their competency and licensure.
- Addresses operational problems through collaboration with pertinent contacts, and implements changes as needed.
- Coordinates and oversees the completion of special clinic projects as needed.
- Ensures and arranges routine and necessary purchases or maintenance of office/clinic equipment and supplies as needed. Coordinates inventory management of supplies and equipment.
- Works closely with Medical Director and clinic providers to arrange provider schedules. Adjusts daily changes in provider schedules as needed.
- Coordinates the clinic staffing schedule.
- Manages staff PTO and approves timecards at the end of each pay period.
- Manages the clinic calendar including arranging office meetings as needed.
- Ensures that the staff's schedules have appropriate availability to attend meetings as needed.
Administrative: Records, QI & safety, finances, organizational
- Works closely with the Director of Strategy & Innovation and the Quality Improvement and Evaluations Manager.
- Conducts client record reviews and maintains required data collection systems.
- Maintains accurate paper and electronic patient files.
- Ensures the efficient performance, use, and quality checks of all clinic equipment are completed.
- Coordinates reporting of clinic incidences such as OSHA BBP, injury, etc.
- Monitors operations for patient confidentiality and adherence to privacy practices.
- Collaborates with pertinent contacts required staff trainings and updates with clinic needs and responsibilities
- Attends and collaborates in agency middle management team meetings and activities.
- Responsible for managing end-of-day reconciliation of clinic revenue and daily deposit. Identifies and investigates any discrepancies.
- Engages in new initiatives and projects roll-outs.
- Assists in selection and supervision of Medserve Fellows.
- Demonstrates adequate knowledge of normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology of disease processes as seen in the clinical setting.
- Triages patient phone calls and walk-in patients to evaluate and assess patients' healthcare needs based on signs and symptoms, utilizing established triage protocols and guidelines.
- Oversees and adjusts when clinically appropriate patient support resources including, care coordination, chronic disease management education, medication management, and referral to specialty care and social service agencies.
- Documents all client encounters, both in person and telephonic, in the patient's medical record and provides accurate and complete data to providers as needed.
- Performs venipuncture as needed, administers medications and immunizations per provider order, and reads TB skin tests as needed.
- Assists with Clinical Policy & Procedure and Standing Order development and revision.
- Provides staff education/training on clinic procedures and check-offs as needed.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies.
Relations: Patients, partners, colleagues, and medical providers
- Nurtures a culture of safe and positive work relationships.
- Provides backup and support for other team members.
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement processes to evaluate and improve patient and volunteer experiences and increase efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Interacts with clients, colleagues and community partners in a respectful manner and always maintains discretion and respect for client confidentiality.
- Coordinates with colleagues and management to support the needs of partner agencies.
- Assists outside partner agencies in coordinating appointments and payment options.
- Communicates effectively with patients in person, by telephone, and by mail.
- Handles conflict resolution with patients in the clinic
Essential Job Functions
- The employee is required to travel less than 10% of the time
- Travel may include trips to local meetings and occasional overnight travel to meetings or conferences.
- Data entry
- Key management
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, email, or presentation software
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and reason objectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral expression.
- Ability to document accurately, concisely and in a timely manner.
- Ability to handle a variety of duties.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred, including spoken and written. Bilingual in other languages (Russian, Vietnamese) also desirable.
- Covid-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
- Current and active NC Licensure by the NC Board of Nursing to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience in Office Administration, Medical Office Management, or related field.
- Customer Service experience and training/experience in working with the public face-to-face and/or over the phone.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- BCLS Certification.
- Be a self-starter, responsive, able to multitask independently, and exercise sound judgement and decision making.
- Computer literacy including Outlook calendar, email, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and operating system software programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and human resources and organizations available in the community.
- Proven ability to interface with physicians and physician office staff.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting and with a diverse population preferred.
- Knowledge of barriers to health care for the low- income, uninsured population preferred.
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
No calls, emails, or visits please. For immediate consideration, please formally apply online and provide a resume and cover letter.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job classification. They are not to be constructed as an all-inclusive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities of people so assigned. Care Ring will engage in an interactive process with employees requesting medical or religious accommodations.
The Agency's policy is to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.