Who We Are
Led by highly successful physician executives with a mission to improve health care quality for underserved populations. Rendr is a primary care-driven, multi-specialty medical group serving approximately 100,000 patients through its forty locations in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens. Rendr is a growing physician practice dedicated to serving the Chinese American population throughout the New York metropolitan area. We bring together a group of world-class physicians with a proven executive leadership team and a robust care management platform to deliver the best care possible to this underserved population.
Location: New York, NY (Fully remote)
A Certified Risk Adjustment Coder works to improve the quality of coding documentation and data in the HCC database. This position collaborates in providing expertise in the use and application of coding classification such as ICD-10-CM.
- Review medical record information on concurrent basis to identify, assess, monitor and document claims and encounter coding information as it pertains to Hierarchical Condition Categories (HCC)
- Assign appropriate ICD-10-CM codes and mapping to risk adjustment models
- Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations
- Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives
- Performs related work and projects as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works with manager to identify, develop and implement strategies for quality improvement
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Active certified coder certification (CRC, CPC, CCS-P) through AHIMA or AAPC
- At least two years of risk adjustment coding experience
- Advanced knowledge of medical codes, terminology, abbreviations, anatomy & physiology, major disease, pharmacology and metric system.
- Excellent understanding of ICD-10-CM coding classification and guidelines
- Excellent understanding of CPT, HCPCS, and modifier coding and guidelines
- Competitive pay
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan with Match
- And more!