CSI is actively hiring for a REMOTE Risk Adjustment Medical Coder for full-time hours with a nationally recognized healthcare company that is known for championing innovation, leading from the front with technology, and transforming the healthcare system.
The What You Want to Know!
- 100% REMOTE - Work from home
- Flexible working schedule
- PAY PER HOUR model
- Paid training
- Long term contract position- Benefits Offered!
- Required Certification: Active certified coder certification through AHIMA or AAPC required: CRC, CPC, CCS-P (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder, Certified Professional Coder, Certified Coding Specialist- Physician Based)
- Pay: $22-28/hr based on experience
- In House Expert Coding Support - mentoring, coaching, QA
- Medicaid Charts
The What Will You Be Doing?
- Assign appropriate ICD–10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable
- Assign Event codes when documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes
- Comply with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines
- Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations
- Maintain quality and production standards required by company - all medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing requirements. Quality expectations are 95% accuracy on all projects.
- Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements
The Position Requirements:
- Active certified coder certification (CRC, CPC, CCS - P) through AHIMA or AAPC
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a certified coder
- Minimum 1 year of risk adjustment experience
- Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book
- Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet
- High-speed Internet access
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation
- Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred)
- Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines
- Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision
- Exemplary attention to detail and completeness
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Analytical skills
This is a remote, work from home position. You may be located anywhere within the US.