AAPC is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated coding professional to join our team as a Contract Coder. This position is a fully remote contract role. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of coding experience for physician practices, with various surgical specialties as well as E/M. The position requires one to be resourceful, organized, and extremely driven.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years of coding experience
- Extensive coding in multiple specialties including: all primary care specialties, anesthesia, general surgery, dermatology, and orthopedics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and deadline driven attitude
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, and internet)
- Ability to multitask and keep a sense of urgency
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong time management, organization skills, and work ethic
- Accurately code medical records for evaluation and management services, ancillary services, surgical procedures, and diagnoses
- Ability to work independently and meet project deadlines
- Stay updated about new coding rules as codes routinely change
- Responsible and accountable for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information. Follow HIPAA security policies and procedures affecting your job, and report any suspected or actual violation or breach
- Prepare coding reports for customers and AAPC Services manager
- Requires long periods of time sitting and using keyboard and mouse
- Meet and maintain department production and quality standards
- CPC or CCS-P
- CPMA, CEMC preferred
- COSC, CPCD, CEDC, CGIC, CGSG, CANPC, CAHONC, CIRCC, COBGC, COPC preferred
Expected Work Volumes
- Work volumes will vary depending upon projects
AAPC Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.