AAPC Recruiting Services is working on behalf of organization that has provided patients with unmatched quality care. This is a stable, private practice that offers personal care and focuses on building relationships with all the patients they serve. If you are detailed oriented, looking for a fantastic work culture, and like to be flexible...then read on!
Currently, they are seeking a certified medical billing professional with the following qualifications:
- Able to work ON-SITE in the West Palm Beach (Florida) area
- Has 2+ years of experience in medical coding
- Has obtained and currently holds either Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Risk Coder (CRC), and/or the Certified Professional Biller (CPB)
The responsibilities include:
- Updates patient data, developing payment plans, and preparing invoices
- Ensures that patients are billed quickly and accurately
- Processes insurance claims, denials, and verifications within the standard monthly billing statement cycle timeframe
- Proficient in medical coding (ICD-10/CPT/HCPCS) and billing software (eClinicalWorks).
- Utilizes ICD-10 CM codes on patient’s medical records for medical coding purposes
- Call other medical institutions for pending patient’s information
- Reviews patient's records for HEDIS and MRA.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel, word, and powerpoint
- Complies within the standards and procedures of medical coding rules and regulations
- Keeps AAPC certifications updated via the completion of CEUs and any other necessary requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned, modified, and may be expanded to include other responsibilities at the company’s administration discretion
Additional things to consider:
- You must be available M-F, typical business hours
- You must reside in the state of Florida in the West Palm Beach area and able to commute to work
- Compensation is a range between $22 to $30 per hour based on expertise and experience as well as character, work retention, and being detail oriented.
- The ideal candidate is certified by AAPC with AAPC billing and coding certifications.
- Bilingual (Spanish) would be highly preferred
- The patient population consists mostly of geriatric patients
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance and a generous PTO policy.