As the Operations Manager, you play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth functioning and efficiency of our organization. Your primary responsibility is to provide leadership to your assigned office and oversee its overall performance. You will work closely with the Director of Operations to drive process improvements, implement changes, and evaluate the success of new initiatives. Your role also involves managing employees in compliance with company policies and regulations, from recruitment and training to performance management and issue resolution.
Enhance Organizational Effectiveness:
- Streamline operational systems, processes, and policies to align with our mission.
- Improve management reporting, information flow, and organizational planning.
Boost Operational Efficiency:
- Enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of operations in your assigned region.
- Foster collaboration and communication between support and business functions.
- Contribute to long-term planning, focusing on operational excellence initiatives.
- Identify and recommend improvements in staffing, services, equipment, and facilities.
Supervision and Coaching:
- Provide consistent supervision and support to Operational Supervisors.
- Implement and enforce system changes, policies, and procedures.
- Offer coaching, counseling, and disciplinary guidance to supervisory staff.
- Act as a liaison between various departments, including Revenue Cycle Management, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing, and Finance.
- Maintain open communication with your office and the Director of Operations.
- Enhance employee effectiveness through communication and function improvements.
- Monitor employee performance, providing timely feedback and conducting regular check-ins and annual evaluations.
- Create and communicate employee schedules to meet patient and provider needs.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Manage the recruitment process, including interviews for vacant positions within your office.
- Facilitate onboarding, training, and career development for new employees.
- Review office budgets (labor and inventory) to optimize performance.
- Report on office metrics, including labor allocation, supply expenses, patient volumes, staffing concerns, and internal audits.
- Provide elevated customer support for patients requiring higher-level assistance.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to address patient-related concerns.
- Assess economic aspects of equipment requests, repairs, replacements, facility improvements, and new service lines.
- Support and oversee providers within your assigned region under the guidance of the Director of Operations.
Compliance and Security:
- Ensure compliance with PHI security and HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment while adhering to legal regulations.
- Stay updated by participating in educational opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and industry trends to improve satisfaction and loyalty.
- Uphold professional standards, facility policies, and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhance the organization's reputation by proactively identifying and implementing value-added projects.
- Manage all functions and service lines within your assigned region.
- Collaborate on initiatives with the management team to achieve long-term operational excellence.
- Contribute to both short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a valued member of the management team.
- Act as the primary liaison to providers for reporting quality issues and promoting best practices throughout the organization.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Minimum of three years of supervisory/management experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a private medical practice setting, with a preference for dermatology experience.
- Proficiency with HRIS and EMR systems.
- Possession of Practice Manager Certification (CPPM) or a degree in healthcare administration/business management.
- Adaptable to new technology.
- Strong hiring, supervision, and training skills.
- Ability to develop and analyze reports.
- Critical thinking and judgment abilities.
- Thorough understanding of financial and budgeting processes.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills.
- High level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to remain composed in high-pressure situations.
- Self-driven with excellent multitasking abilities in various computer-based information systems.
- Safely and successfully perform essential job functions, meeting ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintain regular, punctual attendance in accordance with ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, and bending.