Denver’s premier largest, fully integrated OB/GYN group with multiple office locations is seeking a skilled part time Revenue Specialist to provide revenue cycle support to the group’s Central Billing Office. This position includes the potential to work from home with a flexible schedule. Please submit your resume, a short email/letter of interest and your salary requirements. Be prepared to submit references from direct supervisors, managers or physicians from previous positions that will attest to the below required/preferred attributes.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of medical administration to include medical billing/coding.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, set priorities, meet deadlines and handle a number of tasks concurrently with minimum supervision.
- High level of keyboard skills with demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in operation of computerized information systems. Above average proficiency in MS Office.
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal and communication skills, especially the ability to maintain relationships with all types of personnel such as receptionists, office managers, physicians and upper management.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results at the individual level and as a member of a dynamic team.
- OB/GYN billing/coding experience
- CPC certification
- COBGPC certification
- Experience with Athenahealth EMR
PRIMARY DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Charge entry
- Surgery charge entry
- Zero pay worklist
- Accounts receivable
- Researching and resolving claims based on assignment, the process of which could include:
o Contacting payers via phone or website, contacting practices, writing appeals, and all other activities that lead to the successful adjudication of eligible claims.
- Managing email/phone correspondence from practice managers and billing offices regarding RCM questions and concerns.
- Reviewing the monthly patient refund list.
- Monitoring missing slip worklist to ensure timely charge capture.
- Illustrating knowledge of the healthcare industry in regards to revenue cycle, coding, claims and state & federal law.