Private Orthopedic practice. Currently we have one provider (orthopedic spine) but looking to add 2 more surgeons to our practice this fall.
We are primarily a worker's compensation practice but take few commercial insurances: Aetna, BCBS, UHC, and Cigna. No Medicare or Medicaid.
Looking to find a coder who is an expert in coding for our orthopedic practice.
· CPC certified or experience equivalent
· Minimum 2 years medical coding experience (Orthopedic Surgery Including Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, and Spine required)
· Knowledge of medical terminology and knowledge of CPT and ICD coding (including surgical procedures and applicable modifiers)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Exhibits high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all documentation and correspondence
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks, time sensitive reports and projects- able to meet deadlines
· Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
· Ability to work in a changing environment and handle multiple tasks as needed
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
The following list describes the essential duties of this role. Individuals in this role may not perform all these duties or may perform additional or unrelated duties as requested by management.
· Codes surgeries from operative reports within 3 days of the surgery date.
· Verifying and coding of the diagnosis, evaluation and management, procedures or other codes required for the completeness and accuracy of the record
· Codes and/or reviews principal diagnosis, co-morbidities, complications, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, supplies, materials, injections, and drugs with ICD10, CPT, HCPCS, and any other coding classification systems that may be required
· Develops a relationship with each doctor to open communications for coding discrepancies.
· A/R follow-up and claims appeal
· Responsible for reviewing and posting claims and ensuring correct diagnosis codes, modifiers, etc. are applied before releasing claims for submission
· Stays informed regarding current coding regulations, insurance company polices and effectively applies this knowledge and keeps all providers and Business Office personnel up to date with any changes in coding procedures
· Answers billing questions as needed from providers, staff, patients, etc.…
· Works specialty reports and/or projects as requested by management
· Office based. Full-Time M-F Hours may be flexible.
· Flexible Hours
· PTO/Sick Time/Holidays
· Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision
· 401K *after one year employment