Experienced pediatric coders are encouraged to sit for the CPEDC™ exam. CPEDC certification validates aptitude in coding services and procedures required in pediatric medicine, such as venipuncture, injections, vaccinations, vision testing, lesion excisions, foreign body removal, fracture care, etc.
The CPEDC certification exam will test:
- Proficiency reading and abstracting physician office notes and operative notes to apply correct ICD-10-CM, CPT®, HCPCS Level II, and modifier coding assignments
- Application of CPT® evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines
- Rules and regulations for Medicare billing — including incident to, teaching situations, shared visits, consultations, and global surgery
- Coding of ancillary procedures performed in a pediatric practice such as immunizations, vision testing, venipuncture, injections, etc.
- Coding of surgical procedures performed by pediatricians such as lesion excisions, foreign body removal, fracture care, etc.
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology